Masked Identity In Color / Colored Identity In Mask
The depths of systemic racial discrimination ensured, without anyone having to move a finger that the populations that have been traditionally discriminated against, suffer more during the Covid pandemic.
A mask is usually associated with anonymity. Yet, it could not hide the existing prejudices and equalize the people in that assumed anonymity. In this performance, it represents this ironic futility 'of attempting equality through anonymity', in a world where skin color continues to define people.
The artist uses RGB (Red, Green, Blue) color spectrum which gives color to the virtual world on our digital devices, as a reference to all the people in the world, who have been confined into a primary identity that spells ‘color’.
The Performance and the video recording was done by the artist alone in his Studio. Two unique Body prints Negative and Positive (both 150 x 100 cm each) were produced during the process.
Uploaded data includes: Video (1280x720) with sound Still photo from the Video Photos of the negative and Positive Body prints.
- Video Negative Body Print (150 x 100 cm) - one Positive Body Print (150 x 100 cm) - one
- 11min 15sec
- Performance/Aktion für die Kamera / Performance/Action for the Camera
- Jury, Visarte; Doswald, Christoph Doswald; Molleur, Chantal
- 1. Online 2. Locarno 3. Basel
- Visarte Corona Call
- Video 16:9
- Uploaded data includes: Video (1280x720) with sound Still photo from the Video Photos of the negative and Positive Body prints.